The web’s most popular front-end template
HTML5 Boilerplate helps you build fast, robust, and adaptable web apps or sites. Kick-start your project with the combined knowledge and effort of 100s of developers, all in one little package.
Save time. Create with confidence.
Analytics, icons, and more
A lean, mobile-friendly HTML template; optimized Google Analytics snippet; placeholder touch-device icon; and docs covering dozens of extra tips and tricks.
Normalize.css and helpers
Includes Normalize.css — a modern, HTML5-ready alternative to CSS resets — and further base styles, helpers, media queries, and print styles.
Apache settings to help you deliver excellent site performance. We independently maintain server configs for multiple platforms.
Introduction to v6
What’s new? Plenty. It’s taken us a while to get a new version out the door, but we’ve been busy, so we hope you’ll find it’s worth the wait. Here are some highlights:
- After much discussion we’re now fetching jQuery from jQuery’s CDN instead of Google’s.
- After even more discussion we dropped IE8 support ✌️ We’re now tracking to the latest Normalize and jQuery.
- We updated Modernizr to v3 and added a sample Modernizr configuration file so you can create your own custom build.
- We added a sample web app manifest file to the project to help you properly format your site or app to save to a device’s home screen.
- That’s just the tip of the iceberg. This update includes well over 100 commits from more than 45 developers. Check out the Changelog for all the fun.